It has now been 6 years since I purchased this house. This year is also the centennial anniversary of the house itself. Here is what was accomplished in the past year:
- I restored the rear of the house. This consisted of stripping all of the paint off, replacing or repairing any bad clapboard and trim, filling all nail and staple holes, replacing broken off window sill edges and drip caps, sanding all wood, washing with TSP, and priming.
- I installed a balcony door and trim where one had originally been but had been removed and closed over many years ago.
- I replaced two non original french style windows from the enclosed back porch and replaced with custom built double hung windows to match the original windows. Installed new custom milled window sills for both.
- I removed and closed off one french style window from enclosed back porch where I intend to one day install a door.
- I removed old, disintegrated roofing from porch roof, stripped all original roof decking (rotted), replaced several roof joists, repaired cracked ridge board, and replaced all roof decking.
- I had the sagging eaves jacked up, and several rows of bead board replaced, to keep the eaves level.
- Repaired rot on upper edges of fascia boards.
- I had the roof completely torn off, replaced any bad wood, and had Ice and Water Shield installed on the entire roof. Then a new multi colored Vermont slate roof was installed. Copper flashings were installed along with copper ridge vents.
- A new standing seam copper roof was installed on the small roof over the built in cabinets.